Earn CME/CE/CPD credit
CME/CE/CPD tracking options for institutions:
- CME Basic: This option is for institutions that are accredited CME providers. User searches are submitted via DynaMed Plus to the institution’s CME coordinator, who issues the credit.
- CME Plus: This option is also for institutions that are accredited CME providers. User searches are submitted via DynaMed Plus to a specified CME system or form, and the institution issues the credit.
- CME Complete: User searches are submitted via DynaMed Plus to our CME partner, Tufts University School of Medicine (TUSM) Office of Continuing Education. Tufts issues the credits, and users can log in to access, print and track credits earned.
Types of CME/CE/CPD credits that can be earned:
- American Medical Association: DynaMed Plus is accredited in joint providership with Tufts University School of Medicine (TUSM) Office of Continuing Education to offer AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ for Internet point-of-care searches.
- American Academy of Family Physicians: This point of care activity has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 20 Prescribed credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners: This program is approved for up to 20 contact hours of continuing education per year by the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners. Program ID 1508378. This program was planned in accordance with AANP CE Standards and Policies.
- American Academy of Physician Assistants: AAPA accepts certificates of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. DynaMed Plus is accredited as AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ for Internet point-of-care searches. A certificate of attendance is provided.
CME for users in Canada:
- The College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC): DynaMed Plus meets the accreditation criteria of The College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC) and has been accredited for up to .5 CFPC Mainpro®-M1 Credits for each search submitted via DynaMed Plus.
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC): Users can earn section 2 credit for DynaMed Plus searches for the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC)’s Maintenance of Certification Program.
CPD for user in the United Kingdom:
- The Royal College of General Practitioners (RCGP): DynaMed Plus has been accredited by The Royal College of General Practitioners (RCGP) and is considered to be of high quality and relevant for general practitioners’ CPD and Revalidation needs. 1CPD point per hour can be claimed for using DynaMed Plus.
CPD for users in Australia/New Zealand:
- Royal Australian College of General Practitioners: DynaMed Plus searches may be claimed on the basis of 2 points per hour in the Self Recorded Activities category of the RACGP QI & CPD Program. GPs may self-record up to 10 hours (20 points) of unaccredited activities over a three-year period.
- Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists: Fellows and Subspecialists can claim 1CPD points per hour under Self Education for reading DynaMed Plus articles.
- Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners: individually planned learning activities, including reviewing clinical content on DynaMed Plus, may be claimed on the basis of 1 point per hour spent in the Continuing Medical Education category. A “learning reflection form” must be completed in order to claim credits for any of these activities.
- The Australasian College for Emergency Medicine (ACEM): DynaMed Plus is accredited for 1 ACEM CPD hour. If necessary, participants can and should update the stated number of hours to reflect their individual activity.
EBM Focus Newsletter
- EBM Focus: Readers of EBM Focus can receive .25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit, .25 AAFP Prescribed credits, or .25 AANP contact hours. (Note: you do not have to be a DynaMed Plus subscriber to receive EBM Focus.)