Improved Medical Education
DynaMed Plus is a resource that supports educators with their medical education goals.
The DynaMed Plus team works closely with clinical educators to ensure they can provide their students with the most current clinical evidence in an effort to maximize the learning experience for students and residents.
DynaMed Plus provides educators with a resource that supports medical education goals, encourages trainees to access the original research, and provides guidance on diagnosis and treatment options while preserving and supporting the essential learning opportunities that educators want to provide.
Residents in all specialties are now expected to conduct scholarly effort during training. DynaMed Plus is committed to contributing to the medical training of health care professionals by providing scholarly opportunities. Residents and students can co-review DynaMed Plus topics with a supervising faculty member who has clinical practice experience.
Benefits for residency programs
- Residents and students have the opportunity to learn critical appraisal, evidence synthesis and other evidence-based processes
- Faculty can provide real-time, hands-on opportunities for residents and students in which to evaluate clinical learning, evidence evaluation and use of a clinical resource to improve patient care evaluation and use of a clinical resource to improve patient care
- Traditional research and publication efforts do not routinely adapt to residency program schedules. At DynaMed Plus, we can tailor review opportunities to fit specific topics of interest and adjust deadlines to meet residency program schedules.
Additional benefits for residency programs participating in DynaMed Plus peer review
- An additional educational opportunity for residents and students to learn critical appraisal, evidence synthesis and other evidence-based processes to improve patient care
- Real-time, hands-on opportunities for residents and students in which faculty can evaluate clinical learning and evidence evaluation
- Activities tailored to residency program schedules
- ACGME Practice-Based learning and Improvement competency – method and documentation forms provided
- Program recognition: Residency program is listed in topic acknowledgements and on the Participating Reviewers & Contributors
- Continued complimentary DynaMed Plus access provided to program graduates who continue to review their topic(s)
Current participating residency programs
- Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX – Internal Medicine
- Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH – Child Neurology
- Colentina University Hospital, Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Bucharest, Romania – Internal Medicine
- Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA – Internal Medicine
- Grand Rapids Medical Education and Research Center, Grand Rapids, MI – Family Medicine
- Harvard Medical School/Cambridge Health Alliance, Cambridge, MA – Internal Medicine
- Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN – Adult Neurology
- Middlesex Hospital, Middletown, CT – Family Practice
- Phoenix Baptist Hospital, Phoenix, AZ – Family Medicine
- Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, IL – Family Medicine
- St. Elizabeth Medical Center, Youngstown, OH – Family Practice
- St. Joseph Mercy Hospital, Ypsilanti, MI – Internal Medicine
- St. Vincent Hospital, Worcester, MA – Internal Medicine
- UHS Wilson Medical Center, Binghamton, NY – Family Medicine
- University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA – General Practice Residency in Dentistry
- University of Tennessee Graduate School of Medicine, Knoxville, TN – Family Medicine
- University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA – Family Medicine
- University of Wisconsin, Eau Claire, WI – Family Medicine
- Waukesha Memorial Hospital, Waukesha, WI – Family Medicine
- West London Mental Health NHS Trust, London UK
- West Virginia University, Charleston, WV – Internal Medicine