Support Lifelong Learning
Tracking CME/CE/CPD and MOC credits in DynaMed has never been easier.
DynaMed is committed supporting the lifelong learner. Whether it’s a clinician in need of continuing medical education (CME), a resident preparing for rounds, or a medical student looking to expand their knowledge and enhance their learning beyond the classroom, DynaMed can help.
Earn CME and MOC with Every Search
Physicians and nurse practitioners using DynaMed are eligible to earn continuing medical education (CME) credits and continuing education (CE) contact hours, respectively. Physicians in certain specialties may also be eligible to earn Part II Maintenance of Certification (MOC) points. The American Medical Association (AMA) Physician’s Recognition Award and credit system describes internet point of care CME as self-directed, online learning on topics relevant to a physician’s clinical practice from a database whose content has been vetted by an accredited CME provider.
Types of CME credits that can be earned with DynaMed:
- American Medical Association: DynaMed is accredited in joint providership with Baylor College of Medicine Office of Continuing Education to offer AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ for Internet point-of-care searches
- American Academy of Family Physicians: This Point of Care activity, DynaMed Point of Care Learning, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 20 Prescribed credit(s) by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Term of approval begins 12/01/2018. Term of approval is for one year from this date. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners: DynaMed is accredited by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners as an approved provider of nurse practitioner continuing education. AANP Provider Number 17122939.
- American Academy of Physician Assistants: AAPA accepts certificates of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. DynaMed is accredited as AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ for Internet point-of-care searches. A certificate of attendance is provided.
- The College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC): DynaMed meets the accreditation criteria of The College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC) and has been accredited for up to .5 CFPC Mainpro®-M1 Credits for each search submitted via DynaMed.
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC): Users can earn section 2 credit for DynaMed searches for the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC)’s Maintenance of Certification Program.
- The Royal College of General Practitioners (RCGP): DynaMed has been accredited by The Royal College of General Practitioners (RCGP) and is considered to be of high quality and relevant for general practitioners’ CPD and Revalidation needs. 1CPD point per hour can be claimed for using DynaMed.
Australia & New Zealand:
- Royal Australian College of General Practitioners: DynaMed searches may be claimed on the basis of 2 points per hour in the Self Recorded Activities category of the RACGP QI & CPD Program. GPs may self-record up to 10 hours (20 points) of unaccredited activities over a three-year period.
- Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists: Fellows and Subspecialists can claim 1CPD points per hour under Self Education for reading DynaMed articles.
- Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners: individually planned learning activities, including reviewing clinical content on DynaMed, may be claimed on the basis of 1 point per hour spent in the Continuing Medical Education category. A “learning reflection form” must be completed in order to claim credits for any of these activities.
- The Australasian College for Emergency Medicine (ACEM): DynaMed is accredited for 1 ACEM CPD hour. If necessary, participants can and should update the stated number of hours to reflect their individual activity.
Maintenance of Certification Credit
Through the American Board of Medical Specialties’ ongoing commitment to increase access to practice relevant MOC Activities through the ABMS Continuing Certification Directory, DynaMed Point-of-Care Learning has met the requirements as a MOC Part II CME Activity (apply toward general CME requirement) for the following ABMS Member Boards:
- Allergy and Immunology
- Colon and Rectal Surgery
- Emergency Medicine
- Family Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Preventive Medicine
- Thoracic Surgery
Improve Medical Education
DynaMed is a resource that supports educators with their medical education goals. The DynaMed team works closely with clinical educators to ensure they can provide their students with the most current clinical evidence in an effort to maximize the learning experience for students and residents.
DynaMed provides educators with a resource that supports medical education goals, encourages trainees to access the original research, and provides guidance on diagnosis and treatment options while preserving and supporting the essential learning opportunities that educators want to provide.
Residents in all specialties are now expected to conduct scholarly effort during training. DynaMed is committed to contributing to the medical training of health care professionals by providing scholarly opportunities. Residents and students can co-review DynaMed topics with a supervising faculty member who has clinical practice experience.
Benefits for residency programs
- Residents and students have the opportunity to learn critical appraisal, evidence synthesis and other evidence-based processes
- Faculty can provide real-time, hands-on opportunities for residents and students in which to evaluate clinical learning, evidence evaluation and use of a clinical resource to improve patient care evaluation and use of a clinical resource to improve patient care
- Traditional research and publication efforts do not routinely adapt to residency program schedules. At DynaMed, we can tailor review opportunities to fit specific topics of interest and adjust deadlines to meet residency program schedules.
Additional benefits for residency programs participating in DynaMed peer review
- An additional educational opportunity for residents and students to learn critical appraisal, evidence synthesis and other evidence-based processes to improve patient care
- Real-time, hands-on opportunities for residents and students in which faculty can evaluate clinical learning and evidence evaluation
- Activities tailored to residency program schedules
- ACGME Practice-Based learning and Improvement competency – method and documentation forms provided
- Program recognition: Residency program is listed in topic acknowledgements and on the Participating Reviewers & Contributors
- Continued complimentary DynaMed access provided to program graduates who continue to review their topic(s)